FAQ: Transferring Credits

Students may transfer credit for online courses to most high schools in the United States. Schools abroad may require an Apostille or other documentation. Some schools limit the number of transfer credits from online courses. Student should check with the institution where they plan to transfer credit.

Yes, MU High School is accredited and courses will transfer to most schools in the U.S. Please check with the individual school to verify course credit transfer policies.

All credits earned that meet the eligibility requirements as acceptable credit will be counted towards the graduation requirements at MU High School. Please note that students need to meet the Graduation Requirements for MU High School to earn their diploma, including completing the last sequence of courses with MU High School, the number of which depends on the diploma path selected.

Homeschooled high school students applying for a diploma program must provide:

  • A record of the subjects studied at each grade level
  • Inventory of the major textbook (title, publisher and edition) for each course.
  • Other pertinent documents such as transcripts or portfolios

Your MUHS counselor will evaluate your transcript/portfolio to determine credit transfer eligibility.

Credit issued by regionally or state accredited secondary U.S. schools as high school credit is accepted at face value toward meeting MU High School’s graduation requirements.