If you seek to enroll part-time in one or a few courses, but don’t plan on graduating with MU High School, here is the application and enrollment process.
1. Pre-Enrollment Steps:
- Review the Pre-Course Skills
- Verify you can meet the technology requirements
- Choose the course format that is best for you
- Read the policies and procedures
- Explore our website and contact us if you have questions
2. Choose a Course — Find a course (or courses) and add it to your Backpack (the online bookshelf to hold courses you are interested in). When you have made your final selection(s), click the “Get Started” link in your Backpack, then log in or create an account. If you have never created a Tiger Portal log in, you must create a new account.
3. Complete the Request Form — Submit the application online (no checks accepted online)*.
Please note: Once the request form is complete, students will receive an email with login credentials to the Tiger Portal. This does NOT guarantee enrollment in a class; course selections must first be approved.
4. Counselor Approval — Provide your full-time school affiliate and counselor information. The counselor will have or will be sent login credentials to the Tiger Portal. The counselor may then approve or deny the course request. If the student’s full-time school affiliate and/or counselor is not listed, choose “Not Listed – NEW” from the Affiliate drop down list. Then select “Counselor: Not Listed” and provide:
Counselor’s first/last name and professional email
Homeschool students and students requesting middle school courses should select “Homeschool” or “Middle School” as the affiliation, respectively, in the online course request process. Please select Tiger, Truman as the counselor; Mizzou K-12 Online staff will process the enrollment.
5. Tuition payment — Once approved by their full-time school affiliate, students will be notified via email to log in to the Tiger Portal and process payment. Be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list.
6. Get Access — Tuition and fees must be paid in full before access to coursework will be granted.
7. Order Materials — To order any needed materials, use the link provided in the confirmation email, the link provided in the course description online, or visit our Virtual Bookstore directly.
8. Verify enrollment Accuracy — Students who think they may not be enrolled in the correct course should contact Student Support Services immediately.
9. Begin your Journey —Log in to your Tiger Portal regularly, and review the syllabus and course introductory information for your class.
*Paper applications: You may complete the Part-Time Application and mail it along with the processing fee payment. The processing fee is an additional $20 for paper applications.