If you seek to enroll part-time for one a or a few courses, but don’t plan to graduate with MU High School, here is the application and enrollment process.
1. 1. Pre-Enrollment Steps:
- Review the Pre-Course Skills
- Verify you can meet the Technology Requirements
- Choose a course format that is best for you
- Read the Policies and Procedures
- Explore our website and contact Student Support Services with questions
2. Choose a Course Find a course (or courses) and add it to your Backpack (the online bookshelf to hold courses you are interested in). When you have made your final selection(s), click the Get Started link in your Backpack, then login or create an account.
3. Complete the Request Form
Submit the application online (no checks accepted online)*. Please note: Once complete, students will receive an email with login credentials to the Tiger Portal. This does NOT guarantee enrollment in a class; course selections must be approved.
4. Counselor Approval: Provide your full-time school affiliate and counselor information. The counselor will have or be sent login credentials to the Tiger Portal. The counselor may then approve or deny the course request. If the student’s full-time school affiliate and or counselor is not listed, the student will need to provide:
- School Name and Address
- Counselor Name and Professional Email
Homeschool and middle school students can simply select “Homeschool/Middle school” in the online course request process.
5. Tuition payment: Once approved by full time school affiliate, students will be notified via email to log into the Tiger Portal and process payment. Be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list.
6. Get Access: Once tuition and any applicable fees have been paid, access to coursework will be granted.
7. Order Materials Use the link provided in the tuition payment notification email, or check the course descriptions online for the course materials link to order any needed materials.
8. Verify enrollment accuracy: Students who think they may not be enrolled in the correct course should contact Student Support Services at (855) 256-4975 or email@example.com immediately.
9. Begin your journey! Log into your Tiger Portal regularly, and ready your syllabus and course introductory information for your class.
*Paper applications: You may complete the Part-Time Application and mail it along with the processing fee payment. The processing fee is $20 for paper applications.