Transferring Credit

To ensure that the MU High School diploma represents authentic academic achievement, MU High School has policies regarding the transfer of credit to and from other educational institutions.

Credit Transfer to MU High School

Credit issued by regionally or state accredited secondary U.S. schools as high school credit is accepted at face value toward meeting MU High School’s graduation requirements.

Homeschool to MU High School Transfer

Homeschooled high school students should provide:

  • A record of the subjects studied at each grade level
  • Inventory of the major textbook (title, publisher and edition) for each course.
  • Other pertinent documents such as transcripts or portfolios

The MU High School counselor will evaluate transcript/portfolio(s) to determine credit transfer eligibility. Please contact the counselor, Alicia Bixby, at or (573) 882-7208 for homeschool guidelines.

Transferring from MU High School to Another School

MU High School is a regionally accredited institution whose courses will transfer to most schools in the U.S.. Schools abroad may require an Apostille or other documentation. Please check with the individual school to verify course credit transfer policies.

Returning to MU High School

All credits earned that meet the eligibility requirements as acceptable credit will be counted towards the graduation requirements at MU High School. Please note that students need to meet the graduation requirements for MU High School to earn their diploma (Standard Path), including completing the final 6 courses (3 Carnegie Units) with MU High School.

Graduation Requirements for All Students

Students who are part of a diploma program must comply with the graduation requirements at MU High School, including completing a minimum of the six final courses (3 Carnegie units) after acceptance into our diploma program. For full information (including unique requirements for the College-Prep Path) see the Diploma Programs for more information on graduation requirements .