Mizzou Academy offers 230 classes, including a variety of unique electives, standards-based core courses, Advanced Placement (AP), and Honors classes. Find the specific course to meet your unique needs or customize a Full-Time Diploma Program Enrollment experience.
High Academic Standards
- Aligned to national and Missouri educational standards
- Preparing students for high achievement on standardized testing and entrance into top universities
- Developed by Missouri-certified educators or University of Missouri faculty
- National award-winning courses
- NCAA eligibility-approved core courses
- Accredited by AdvancED and the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI)
Flexible or Scheduled Course Formats
Flexible courses offer students the flexibility to work at their own pace, quickly receiving personalized feedback on submitted quizzes and assignments.
- Are open for enrollment any day of the year
- Can be completed in as few as six weeks or take up to 6 months (180 calendar days)
- Allow students maximum flexibility in scheduling and learning at their own pace
- All lessons and assignments can be submitted online
Scheduled courses allow the opportunity to collaborate with their peers and instructors in a semester-based format, but with the flexibility of all course interaction being online. They are open 120 calendar days (approximately 4 months), similar to traditional fall and spring semester timelines.
- Specific start and end dates: see the Calendar for details
- Discussions or live online chats with instructor and classmates
- Scheduled due dates help provide more structure
- Constructive feedback for student growth and development
For more about the differences and similarities, see Course Format Choices.
High School Subject Areas
- Business and Computer Science
- Driver Education
- Family and Consumer Sciences
- Fine Arts
- Health and Physical Education
- Language Arts
- Personal Development
- Social Studies
- World Languages
Advanced Placement (AP) Courses
Mizzou Academy proudly offers high school AP courses designed to:
- Examine topics not covered in a traditional class
- Satisfy intellectual curiosity and desire for rigorous course work
- Prepare students for the AP exam (taking the exam is optional)
- Leverage college admissions and placement
The College Board identifies many benefits of taking AP Classes, including opportunities for college-bound students seeking to earn college credit. Policy regarding awarding college credit for AP Exam scores vary by university, and may also vary by AP subject area and/or the college department.
Honors courses provide high-ability learners an opportunity for more in-depth studies and usually include more varied assignments where students can focus on their areas of interest.
CoTeach Courses are designed to be a partnership with international schools to provide a dual diploma program that is English immersive. Students receive instruction from international Classroom Teachers using Mizzou Academy curriculum all in English. Anyone wishing to see a sample of our CoTeach curriculum can request one.